Practice the Letters!
Introduce the letters, one letter at a time, one group at a time [S, A, T, I, N, P]
- This is the letter S
- S says /s/ (say the sound)
- Like …. Snake! Santa! Sam! Silly! Sack!
Play with the letter to have fun!
- Decorate an S
- Trace with finger in the air / sand / chalk
- Kinesthetic – draw in the air
Find it (Identification)
- Laminate chart with SATINP letters
- Find it in a board book
- Hang [s] stickers, flash cards, magnet letters around the house
- Find the [e] … find the /e/
- Roll the dice and say the letter (erasable die)
- There’s a snake! Snake starts with a ….. S!
- What does /s/ /s/ snake start with?
- What starts with the letter [s]?
- What starts with the /s/ sound?
- Dry erase with letters, match
- Match sound with picture words
- Use white dot stickers to match to TP roll / paper
- Magnetic letters, sort into group
- -> Always check: what letter is this? What does [t] say?