Are you interested having your student write during the summer, but are looking for something low-key and that’s flexible? Join me for my Summer Writing Challenge! We start June 18th!
Each year I offer a free writing challenge that’s open to all students. The goal is to GET STUDENTS WRITING during the summer months.
Our theme this summer is Dinosaurs, and we’ll be practicing different types of writing for this 8-week challenge. Each week, I’ll post a new writing prompt for you to write about. We’ll be doing all different types of writing each week, so you’ll be able to practice and explore different types of writing. We will be writing essays, poems, letters, and stories, and more!
Then, at the end of the summer, you will choose your FAVORITE piece that you’ve written, edit it, and submit it for the final writing competition. There, your writing will be evaluated by a panel of judges and ONE lucky winner will win a very special gift card. Final date to submit your writing is August 17th and a winner will be chosen August 20th!
Are you ready to get started?? Here’s what you need to do:
☑️ PARENTS: If you haven’t already, please EMAIL (firstname.lastname@example.org) me, with the following information:
- Your child(ren)’s name(s) and grade(s)/age(s)
- A Google email address so I can link the Google Drive folder to your child (You can use either your email address or your child’s (or both). You will receive an email with the link to the writing folder when I’ve set it up. This is where your child will share their writing with me.
- Please let me know whether or not you would like your child to interact with others or just share their writing prompts with me. All student interactions and comments will be closely monitored.
☑️ Sign on to Readworks.org to find the articles we will be reading this summer.
- Students who are in grades K-8 use this code: HTYK34
- Students who are in grades 6-12 use this code: BQMDSG
☑️ Go to facebook.com/26LettersWriting for more updates as we get closer, please “like” the page and make sure your notification settings for the page is set to “following” so you see announcements
☑️ Join my facebook Summer Writing Challenge event if you’d like to check in
☑️ Please share my page and let your friends know so they can join you too!
Can’t wait to write with you this summer!